New Product Development Manager – London
A globally recognized education and assessment organization focused on the English Language Teaching (ELT) market is seeking a New Product Development Manager to work on the development of its next-generation product while identifying opportunities new products and services. This is an exciting new role offering great pay and benefits. The role can be performed remotely from the UK with occasional office visits, or based in the firm’s London/Cambridge office.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, the role will work closely with the various stakeholders and teams engaged in all aspects of product development and delivery. The main mission of the New Product Development Manager will be to define and implement a medium to long term (3-5 years) product roadmap that will deliver an innovative “next generation” version of the company’s flagship product. company as well as other new products and services adapted to the changing needs and expectations of customers/learners. The roadmap will demonstrate the iterative development of ideas based on insight and research, and the progressive implementation and elaboration of solutions to drive business growth. Responsibilities include, among others:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of developments in the assessment landscape, as well as trends and development in the application of new technologies to learning and assessment; the activity of competitors, as well as changes in customer needs and expectations;
- Match innovation with knowledge gained from the above activities to identify new game-changing opportunities;
- Develop product development and delivery plans for approval;
- Train and manage product development teams;
- Develop and test prototypes, minimum viable products (MVPs) and subsequent iterations;
- Ensure that new product development initiatives are delivered within time, cost and quality objectives;
- Ensure performance targets are met and a consistent project management approach is in place.
The ideal New Product Development Manager will have a strong track record as a product manager, combined with a creative and inquisitive approach to successfully identifying and developing transformational new digital products, from ideation through exploration to building. With excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, the New Product Development Manager will have good problem solving and analytical skills and will be comfortable working in a matrix and international. It will be very helpful if the New Product Development Manager has experience managing products in the education or educational or vocational technology, assessment or qualification, or related industry.
To find out more about this exciting new role, contact Rhiannon or Verity at Inspired Selection as soon as possible.
For a full role description, please send your CV with a short paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing date: Early applications may be given priority.
** Inspired Search & Selection is a recruitment firm specializing in publishing which applies an equal opportunity policy. We treat all employees and applicants for employment fairly and equitably, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age , disability or union membership.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offers financial assistance to people (especially those under 30) seeking employment in the book trade, including assistance with maintenance costs, help support paid internships and work experience and for other development opportunities. Please follow this link to check eligibility and get support.