Process & Product Development Engineer
A career at EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people shape the way the world lives, works and plays through next-generation advances in healthcare, life sciences and technology. ‘electronic. For over 350 years and across the globe, we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find new and dynamic ways to improve the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a company of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do at EMD Electronics is designed to help us achieve our goal of being the company behind companies, advancing digital lives. We are committed to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals to the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global, collaborative organization made up of individuals who are passionate about winning, customer-obsessed, relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we are pushing the boundaries of science to provide more possibilities for our customers.
As a process and product development engineer, you will work closely with the laboratory, engineering, operations, quality and commercial groups. You will perform all tasks consistent with process development activities that drive process development and improvement. You will serve as the technical lead for the processes in the process development group. To be successful in this role, you must have a strong commitment to safety, health and environmental leadership and sustainability. Project management, including project proposals with detailed scope description, PFD, P&IDs, cost estimate, and schedule or schedule for a project. You will also work closely with suppliers and contractors on design and fabrication during project execution. It is necessary to regularly document the results and make oral presentations on the status of the process/project. Detailed monitoring of project expenditures and identification of continuous improvement opportunities are necessary.
- Drive new products from scale/development to commercialization. Manage change.
- Willingness to engage in plant activities to support optimization activities and assist in detailed project execution
- Process design and project management
- Technical support for existing systems (maintenance)
- Supervision of junior engineers, process technicians and maintenance agents
- Lead OPHR and ensure consistent security processes and standards apply across all sites
- Review and update all process and operations documentation with a particular focus on the MOC
- Lead continuous improvement programs/projects
Who are you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Science
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with the design and construction of analytical plants and instruments (FTIR, GC, ICPMS, Raman, etc.)
- Experience in laboratory/pilot plant operations
- Experience in handling hazardous chemicals (toxic, reactive, pyrophoric, corrosive, oxidizing)
- Master/PhD in chemical engineering, chemistry or science
- Familiarity with packaging and handling moisture and air sensitive solids, liquids and gases.
- Enthusiastic, innovative, skillful and independent
- Results oriented person with high influence, problem solver
- Exceptional attention to detail with a relentless pursuit of excellence
- Excellent analysis, strategic planning and execution
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a dynamic and cross-functional environment.
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly
- Lean 6 Sigma experience
- Diagnose and resolve production issues
- Thorough understanding of process controls
What we offer: We are curious minds who come from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe it is a driver of excellence, innovation and human progress. We care about our customers, our patients and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunity for all and empowering you to achieve your ambitions. Our various companies offer various career paths to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that touches millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!